There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends.
I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.
~ Jane Austen

Monday, December 20, 2010

Some thoughts on friendship and blogging.


This year I have met so many new friends through blogging.

They share wonderful stories about their travels, art, sewing creations, and their homes to name a few reasons why I love visiting my blogging friends.

I want to thank all of you that have visited my blog and left such kind comments this year.

I am acutely aware that this is not a happy time for many.
I know that not everyone is wrapping gifts for large families or have seemingly endless bank accounts, warm homes and  expensive gadgets. Please remember you are blessed with friendship.


Some of my favorite friendship quotes:


In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer


But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end.
~William Shakespeare


Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

 

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had. ~Author Unknown

 

Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~Author Unknown

 

Wishing you a blessed day dear friend!




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon! thanks for your recent visit!
and yes...blogging puts us into contact with many inspiring women who are creating beauty!

thanks for sharing your sentiments!

ciao bella

creative carmelina

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is so sweet, Sharon! There have been so many times when I am going through something hard, that writing my blog and having such sweet comments and support, has really lifted my spirits! Blog friends are wonderful!

Theresa said...

Sweet! I am so thankful for the friend I have made thru blogging and that certainly includes you! I wish you and yours a wonderful week before Christmas! HUGS!

Blessings from Cindy said...

Sharon,
You are definitely a blogging friend! I always appreciate when you stop in & leave me a message! I am in chaos right now & I appreciate a reminder to be thankful for my friends. Friends get us thru the tough times & celebrate the good times. :-)
Blessings,
Cindy

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

You too my friend!!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Merry Christmas, Sharon!
You are a sweet heart! Thanks for the cute email. The dog looks like Jackson Brown.
Your friendship is a gift and Thank You!
Warmly,
deb :)

Linda Ruthie said...

Such a lovely post. I also feel blessed in having found so many wonderful, creative, generous women in this world wide neighborhood. Best wishes to you for a joyous Christmas and a happy new year.

Shirley said...

Hi Sharon, Thanks for sharing your thoughts on friendship and blogging. I have met so many wonderful people through blogging. I enjoyed seeing your collection on a previous post. They are so pretty to look at. Have a wonderful weekend. Merry Christmas from your Missouri Friend.

Paula said...

Hi sweet Sharon,
Found this sweet post and wanted to thank you for being such a good and kind friend! I am very thankful we met through blogging! You are such a loving and caring person and I pray the Lord will bless you! Your home and collections are beautiful! Merry Christmas! Love, Paula

rahyal said...

I hope you enjoy being here I look forward to seeing your posts :)

rahyal said...

I hope you enjoy being here I look forward to seeing your posts :)