Getting ready for holidays is always so much fun!
I am working on a few holiday swaps this week.
I will post some peeks for you later in the week.
Here is a favorite recipe of mine for holiday gatherings.
Chewy Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 4 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper of silicone liners.
- Melt 4 ounces of the chopped chocolate in the microwave or on the stove top (whichever you prefer). When the chocolate is smooth, stir in espresso powder or instant coffee. Set aside to rest while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and set it aside while you mix the wet ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Beat in the melted chocolate and espresso mixture. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula if necessary to make sure all your ingredients are well blended.
- Add the flour mixture just until combined.
- Gently stir in the coarsely chopped chocolate, being careful not to over mix.
- Scoop dough by two-tablespoon amounts onto lined baking sheets, spacing the scoops of dough at least 2 inches apart. (I like to do this with a small ice cream scoop.) Bake until the edges of the cookies are just dry, about 13 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Wishing you a wonderful week.