There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends.
I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.
~ Jane Austen

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Another collection

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

We have a formal dining room in our home which has only been used twice since we moved here 4 years ago.

This is the china cabinet in the DR.  As you can see I have a collection of Royal Doultons.  All were purchased prior to them being made in China.  Of course, this is my only 'new' collection.  In the case you can see my vintage Homer Laughlin Virginia Rose dishes, some Heisey glass pieces and Fention pieces.



Some close up photos of my collection.





DH took me out for breakfast this morning and then to the mall.
He surprised with the most beautiful ring!  It is being sized so I won't actually have on my finger until early January.
Today was a wonderful day with my DH!

Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!

7 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day and a fun surprise! Your figurine collection is really wonderful!

Theresa said...

What a beautiful collection! I just love it! What a sweet DH you have, can't wait to see the ring:) Hugs!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Merry Christmas, Sharon!!!
You have a lovely collection and I sure enjoyed seeing them.
How exciting to have a new ring and i hope you will show us!
Warmly,
deb :)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Have a super, great weekend...m...

Sherrie said...

Oh Sharon! Your Doulton's are Royal indeed! Such a gorgeous collection!

Wishing you and your DH a very Merry Christmas.

Dorthe said...

Dear Sharon,
I too, wish you a merry christmas, and wisches for a wonderfull new year.
Hugs, from Dorthe

Priscilla said...

Your collection is beautiful. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.