There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends.
I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.
~ Jane Austen

Thursday, December 16, 2010


I hope you are having a great week. 
I have scanned two of my vintage Christmas postcards for you.  




During this time of year we get all caught up in the merry of the season...shopping, parties, and baking to name a few.  But just wanted to remember that there are those who are less fortunate in many ways...no family, illness, and unemployed to name a few.  Please don't get me wrong, I am so thankful for everything in my life.  While out the other day at the grocery store, there was an older gentleman who didn't have enough money to pay for the few items he wanted to purchase...milk, Spam, bread, and a Christmas card.  I offered to pay his balance.  Not to make me feel better, but to see a smile on his face.  

There are a lot of bloggers that have been posting beautiful images of their homes for the holidays.  Thank you for sharing the beauty of the season.

Wishing you a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I love helping less fortunate! It sure makes us feel good! Have a blessed day, I am enjoying mine! HUGS!

Keeper of the Past said...

What a kind and touching thing to do. If we could all help the ones we see in need, what a wonderful world we would live in.
I enjoy your vintage pictures you share.
God Bless
Merry Christmas